Increase conversion with a Drupal PWA
Do you have a Drupal website and you need to boost users’ engagement?
Consider developing a PWA - progressive web application.
It’s like a mobile app but better.
What is a PWA - progressive web application?
PWA that stands for Progressive web application seems to be mocking “real” hard-rock mobile applications and websites. Look:
- according to Wikipedia, PWA “can appear to the user like traditional applications or native mobile applications” - yes, you can still use it in your browser
- it is accessible through URLs and through an icon on a mobile
- it is discoverable in search engines
PWA is not a typical website.
It’s better. PWA combines features of websites and mobile apps, and provides us with a unique set of functionality.
How PWA can grow conversion and retention rates?
Drupal PWA can be an alternative for a mobile app and it can boost your website’s statistics. But first, let’s learn more about its features.
Technically, mobile applications and PWAs have much in common:
- offline mode
- push notifications
- friendly adaptable design for mobile devices
- an icon on a screen and quick access from the menu
- the possibility to show notifications on this icon
- PWAs can be uploaded to app stores
But their specifics make a huge difference:
- PWAs can be installed right away - you just push “Install” and the next moment you see an icon on your desktop or mobile screen.
- A big number of users disappear between first visiting a website and then searching for its mobile app in app stores, downloading it - you know, it’s tedious tough stuff. The chances are that website visitors are more keen on installing PWAs than mobile apps.
- PWA development is cheaper than native apps development, so consider a progressive web app with React or something reusable to that extent at least.
- PWA can do self-updates. They can update themselves automatically, apps stay fresh. Is this the real life at all?!
- PWAs are safe. These apps are served through HTTPS, so unauthorized users can’t access their content.
- PWA increases page speed.
You can get a Drupal PWA developed fast
Look, you don’t have to wait long for your PWA.
How PWA is developed?
- We write the web app manifest (manifest.json).
- You can add the website’s icon to a desktop or mobile screen now.
Awesome! Your website’s users already can add your app to the screen and use your app more often
Next - we can upgrade our PWA.
- Add push notifications to make people use your app more
- Add the offline mode: a customized web page that appears to users when they don’t have internet
- Integrate your PWA with a mobile phone more tightly to get access to the functionality that the mobile app has: USB, microphone, photo camera, SMS, fullscreen. It’s a perfect solution for those who don’t want to invest in a mobile application but need their features.
How does PWA look like?
PWA looks like an icon on your mobile or desktop.
- You go to some website, push the “Install button” in the URL field.
- Next moment, you have an icon on your desktop or mobile.
PWA in figures
Still on the fence? Here are some statistics that the PWA concept works.
- According to The Comscore Mobile App report 2018, 50% + of the USA smartphone users download 0 - zero - no apps within a month. The reason is that users don’t fancy visiting app stores, searching, and installing applications.
- According to Statista, in 2019 the average cost to acquire an app user was 3.52 U.S. dollars.
- The overall practice is that web user acquisition is 10 times cheaper than native apps.
- Real-life example: Trivago users engagement has increased by 150% after implementing PWA, says Think with Google.
- One more real-life example from PWA Stats: the UK brand “George” got a 31% conversion growth.
Your success story should be next!
Progressive web app checklist - do you need it or not?
Are any of these points relevant to you?
- Your conversion is going down or you need to increase it.
- The users’ retention rate is going down or you need to increase it.
- You have a small number of returning users.
- Your bounce rate is too high.
- You need more sessions and pageviews to reach your targets.
- A mobile application is too expensive for you.
If any of these statements are true for you - let’s talk business and find room for improvement.
Drop us a line
At ADCI Solutions, we care about each inquiry