Drupal 8 development
Hi there! We’re ready to take your Drupal 8 website on support and maintenance, or if you can’t wait to switch to Drupal 9, our Drupal migration experts will be happy to do that for you.
Looking for specialists for Drupal 8 development?
ADCI Solutions knows Drupal in and out, and we claim that it is one of the best choices tha you can make in Open source. Look, Drupal 8 follows modern programming paradigms. It uses proven PHP-community standards like PSR-4 for autoloading, utilizes PSR-7 compliant Guzzle HTTP client, heavily utilizes robust and widely-used in the PHP community Symfony components, Composer for dependency management, Twig for secure templating.
What does it mean for a Drupal website owner?
Security and stability. Commonly used contributed modules follow Drupal coding standards and heavily utilize its API, which results in a unified UI and UX, and this makes them secure like the core. If we use Drupal’s core API, all the possible issues will highly likely be solved by the Drupal Security Team that reacts fastly.
All of this allows focussing on specific features that really matter, be very flexible, extendable and secure.
Drupal 8 migration to Drupal 9
Drupal 9 is released, it finally has a stable release - Drupal 9.1, so we can confidently suggest you: let’s migrate to Drupal 9 as soon as possible. Here are three reasons to do it:
- Drupal 8 is still supported by the Drupal Security team until November 2021, so we have plenty of time to prepare a Drupal 8 upgrade plan according to your business requirements.
- Drupal migration services are not only about migrating a website as is but also about reworking essential functionality and getting rid of technical debt which is quite important for the ease of development.
- According to Acquia, 46,1% of Drupal-based solutions are fully compatible with Drupal 9, and 22,5% only have minor issues with info.yml/composer.json. More or less, the majority of Drupal modules are ready for Drupal 9.
It’s high time to enhance digital experiences.
We have a simplified workflow so working with us is easy, pleasant, and mutually beneficial. We don’t require paperwork at all but will happily do this if it’s required from your side.
A typical project team includes a lead developer, back-end and front-end developers, designers, account and sales managers.
What are the project stages?
- Onboarding. At the kickoff meeting, the sales manager briefs you regarding the goals, requirements, budget and timeline restrictions.
- Study of the requirements. During this stage, the lead developer explores tech documentation, project aims, requirements. The client and the lead developer discuss all the features and details.
As soon as we get the client’s commitment to the project, we start working. The account manager sends invoices to the client.
The lead developer or a client creates tasks in a task management system Redmine, and from now on all the communication is held there: nothing can be lost and all your inquiries will be held in one safe place.
- Wireframes. Wireframing minimizes the risks of sudden layout and functionality changes at later stages.
- Design. Graphic and web design.
- The back-end and front-end development. Sometimes, we can start front-end development almost simultaneously with the back end, so the project progresses much faster.
- Deployment and further support & maintenance.
How to prepare your Drupal 8 website for migration
According to drupal.org guides, preparing for Drupal takes several steps that can be more or less lengthy depending on the code and Drupal 8 website configurations. Our expertise and drupal.org recommendations suggest following these steps:
- Consider the goals of migrating to Drupal 9. Should we migrate as is? Should we do the redesign and review the whole structure? Compose a roadmap and plan the budget. If you don’t have much legacy code, the budget can be lower than Drupal 8 development.
- Does your hosting environment match the platform requirements of Drupal 9? If not, fix it. Then update your Drupal 8 website to Drupal 8.8.x or 8.9.x.
- The next step is updating all contributed projects and making sure they are Drupal 9 compatible. Also, the custom code in Drupal 8 must be Drupal 9 compatible as well.
- Update core codebase to Drupal 9. Run update.php. Perfect, you’re on Drupal 9!
Why do our clients choose ADCI Solutions?
Clients choose ADCI Solutions not for the beautiful pictures from the portfolio, but for the results they get and for our proactive approach.
- 80% of new clients stay with us for the second and further projects
- 10+ years - we’ve been on the market since 2007, and our knowledgebase is pretty impressive
- 2-3 weeks - average start time for a big project (500+ hours). During this time, we clarify the scope of work, sign necessary documents, and assign a team of expert Drupal developers
- 5/5 - our mark on Clutch. Read reviews about our Drupal development company work
Drupal development service is within one email. Contact us for a free initial consultation.
Clients and partners
Drop us a line
At ADCI Solutions, we care about each inquiry