Most of those surveyed either prefer the registration in the clinic’s office or make a decision relying on the convenience of the registration process.
Over the period between May and October of 2020, the Omsk web studio ADCI Solutions was researching problems of clinics and clients, associated with patient calls to private clinics as well as with distance health-care services in this Russian region.
The main objectives of the study were to investigate:
- what the way to book an appointment is trusted by the majority of Omsk citizens;
- what users don’t like about medical websites and what changes they would appreciate;
- what are the advantages and/or disadvantages of making appointments via a reception desk over distance health-care services.
502 questionnaires were collected and processed. The information \drawn from the answers of all those surveyed shows that:
- 17% of the respondents always book an appointment through the website,
- 38% of those surveyed have issues with booking an appointment through the website or don’t know about this possibility.
Next, we asked about the advantages of booking an appointment through the reception desk and making an appointment through the website. The respondents reported that booking an appointment through the website gets rid them of many inconveniencies:
- 37% don’t like making a decision in a hurry and a bustle,
- 34% don’t feel like talking on the phone,
- 34% don’t want to lose time in traffic jams and queues at hospitals.
Speaking about the disadvantages of clinic’s websites we drew the following conclusions:
- 31% are not happy that they have to sign up on the website before they can make an appointment,
- 27% had not received any confirmation about scheduling the appointments sо they have not understood if they can visit the clinic on this particular scheduled date,
- 24% cannot find how to make the appointment on the site.
With a background of the disadvantages of websites, the registration at the reception looks like an attractive option due to the opportunity to find out what you should take to the appointment and how to prepare for a physical examination. For 44% of those surveyed, this became the main advantage because not every website has similar information. 43% of those surveyed said that the reception desk in contrast to the website can provide relevant information about services and prices.
Such research is a new activity for us. The results should help in the development of useful and convenient websites that raise the quality of medical service and the number of loyal patients. Our web studio considers the creation of a website for a children’s medical center in Omsk as a successful experience.
In short, the “Do 16-ti” children medical center website developed on Drupal needed the migration to a new version of the CMS, a number of UX / UI updates, and the migration of user content without any losses (content is patients cards, test results, etc.), new functionality and improvements in the admin panel.
Both the client and we liked the results of our work. We consider the growth of the average monthly number of appointments through the site to be the best of them. And that’s okay. The main goals of web technologies are to move an offline business online and to save people’s time. If you’re ready to take your business online and are looking for a web development team to do it, your search is over.
Contact us at email@example.com.